It’s good to have a Tribe.
Have you ever been to a writers conference? They are full of wonderful people coming together to learn valuable information. Realm Makers is more than that.
Realmies are a family.
Every heart wonders, “Who are my people, and how is it like us to live?” When we all come together at Realm Makers, that restless longing can rest a little and thrive in an environment of like-minded dreamers who want to help each other craft our dreams into reality.
We support one another, learn from one another, and just have fun together. Last post I highlighted some of the lessons I learned in the sessions – like developing a creative closet and seeking joy no matter the outcome.
Now here are some relational highlights from the best conference ever:
- getting to meet my fearless Ninja Leader – Nadine Brandes … an undercover pirate?
- being prime minion to the fabulous Kathy Tyers during her Worldbuilding sessions
- sitting for a long, informative chat with the world’s most interesting accountant – Chris Morris, CPA
- spending time with my awesome friend and walking fandom hub – Teddi Deppner
- seeing my ever-popular friend Katie Grace
- reconnecting with the lovely Esther Wallace
- finding fellow Hoosiers and Taylor grads – “Taylor people are everywhere!”
- smiling at Ben Wolf and his red trousers and at Tosca Lee and her bacon
- And… of course, admiring the fantastic Minors, Scott and Becky. Without them, we wouldn’t have Realm Makers.
I could keep going, but I’ll stop so you can follow the links and check out some of these People of Awesomeness.
Join us next year in Reno with Ted Dekker! 🙂
Have you been to a conference that you consider your Tribe? Tell me about it in the comments! 🙂